April 22nd, otherwise known as Earth Day, is a time for all of us to reflect and give back to our beautiful planet. Aside from donations and volunteering, we can spark real change just by looking at our makeup and skincare. We’ve compiled 5 brands who are committed to bettering our Earth. Like us, they believe that Earth Day should be every day. Read on to support them and look good while doin’ it!
We LOVE sheet masks and Karuna is one of the best brands out there. They recently released the Karuna Karma Kit ($28) which includes four sheet mask solutions for specific skin concerns:
- Age-Defying+ Face Mask: reduces the signs of aging
- Anti-Oxidant+ Face Mask: revives and protects
- Exfoliating+ Face Mask: exfoliates dead skin
- Hydrating+ Face Mask: deep conditions skin (clinically proven to increase hydration by 40% after just one use)
Best of all? They’re made of 100% biodegradable wood pulp natural cloth that retains 50% more moisture than synthetic material sheet masks AND keeps our environment free of waste.
Great ingredients in skin care do not always have to mean expensive, thanks to Earth Therapeutics. Using organic natural ingredients whenever possible, they provide us with high-quality products with zero junk and additives, while still being friendly on our wallet. Their website reads, “we consistently do a “reality check” to make sure that the quest for profits does not obscure our long-term vision of promoting human and environmental well-being.” Damn, that’s deep. They have our support 100%.
The Allure Best of Beauty-winning haircare brand is at it again with their purest formula yet — the Vegan Collection.
With natural, vegan ingredients with zero animal product (and by-prodct), the line is both great for our planet and all its animals. The line contains:
- Vegan Shampoo ($22) – A low-poo shampoo, rich in Vitamin E and fatty acids, gently cleanses and moisturizes.
- Vegan Conditioner ($26) – Ideal for frizzy or textured hair, this conditioner untangles and smooths strands. Formulated with natural vegetable oils and antioxidants that tend to be gentler on textured hair, this can also be used as a cleansing conditioner.
- Vegan Leave-In/Combing Cream ($24) – Comb through damp hair to seal the cuticle and protect against styling tools and environmental factors.
- Vegan Moisturizing Oil ($52) – Apply to damp hair to reduce frizz, style and define curls or as a treatment to repair and realign strands.
- Vegan Multipurpose Mask ($40) – Can be used as a weekly deep conditioning treatment to restore the hair
This newly launched USDA organic luxury skin care line is committed to sustainability year-round. The brand packages its entire line with 100% post-consumer recycled and recyclable plastic bottles, boxes, and environmentally-friendly soy inks. Now THAT’S commitment and we’re totally here for it.
- This Earth Day, 100% of all product sales will go towards supporting causes to curb climate change. The first 50% will go towards Kiss the Ground’s Healthy Acres initiative, which focuses on carbon farming and transitioning farms to regenerative agriculture. The other 50% of the Plantioxidants profits will go towards supporting Years of Living, a documentary series that’s dedicated to bringing mass awareness on the severe impact of climate change.
- For Earth Month, the Plantioxidants product line just launched on Nikki Reed’s BaYou with Love retail platform in an effort to work with other like-minded brands that focus on closed-loop products.
- Lastly, they’ll be releasing a mail-back program this month where customers can send back their empty Plantioxidants products, and in turn, will receive a discount on their next purchase.
FUN FACTS: Recycling just one empty bottle is equivalent to turning off the lights in your home for 30 minutes. And currently, only 10% of all plastic is actually recycled.
This super clean brand focuses on spreading the clean beauty movement by using only the highest quality ingredients and no toxic chemicals. Their mission is to make clean beauty and skincare accessible to all, while being 100% cruelty-free and supporting animal-based charities. All of 100% PURE products are free of artificial colors, artificial fragrances, and synthetic chemical preservatives. On Earth Day, they have pledged to plant one tree for every product sold.
Our top picks? The Fruit Pigmented Pretty Naked Palette ($47), Green Tea Water Bomb Mask ($7 for 1, $30 for 5), and the Retinol Restorative Overnight Balm ($48)
This innovative brand creates reusable, ultra-soft makeup removing Mittys that are a million times better for the environment than cotton rounds/balls and makeup wipes. Just use warm water (or add your favorite cleanser) and gently buff the skin to remove all traces of makeup. In honor of Earth Month, TMFO will be donating 20% of all proceeds to the Ocean Conservancy’s Trash Free Seas initiative to help combat ocean pollution. The blue Makeup Mitty replaces wipes ($38.50/3pk) and the Mitty Blackout replaces cotton balls ($42.50/5pk).